Friday, November 6, 2009

attitude of gratitude




Activity Day girls was fun this week. We had a party planned but were too pooped to pop so we improvised by having a gratitude inspired lesson & activity. I put a tree trunk on my wall and then had the girls put leaves on the tree to represent things they're grateful for. The loved that and put up a bunch of leaves. Then, they wrote letters of gratitude. I told them to write a letter of gratitude to a 'human' (yes, I do have to specify human as I had a girl who wanted to write a letter of gratitude to a chicken...funny girl!). I was tickled pink when 3 of the girls decided to write their 'letters' to me. 'twas super sweet! Then, in addition to all the other fun we made pinecone turkeys! They turned out darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I said? leave a message
dislike what I said? please don't leave a message
indifferent to what I said? It's up to you
Have a different opinion? Share it!