Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hymns of Praise

I feel kind of blown out a bit this evening. I feel like I've literally spent the whole day singing and I probably am fairly accurate! This morning (bright & early) I performed with 6 other women in a women's song called "All the Stars shone down".... a lovely piece that integrates 'What child is this' with a lovely descant. Then, this afternoon I went to choir and we practiced hard for next week (our christmas sunday music extravaganza!!!). Then, this evening I was privileged to sing in our Stake music program, in the Stake Choir ( a lovely accapella song titled 'Messenger of Peace' ) and then I sang in a sweet and simple women's choir with flute and violin accompaniment (the song was 'Infant Holy, Infant Lowly), and then finally I again sang with the women's ensemble that I sang with this morning (All the stars shone down!). I feel privileged to be able to sing these lovely hymns of praise and for those who graciously share their musical talents with me and allow me to sing with them.

2 comments:

  1. wow!! I wish I could do that!I keep telling myself that one day I will be able to be in the ward choir. I sure do miss it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there to hear you! I love your voice.

    ReplyDelete

Like what I said? leave a message
dislike what I said? please don't leave a message
indifferent to what I said? It's up to you
Have a different opinion? Share it!