Monday, March 22, 2010

Friend makin' Monday

Ok...I'm going to do it. I'm going to link up to 'Friend Makin' Monday'. I love this idea of thinking through such fun questions once a week and then linking up and finding out about others....

1.
Favorite things about Spring: The flowers!! My front yard is like a daffodil oasis right now. I have hundreds of daffs (I love how these bulbs just keep reproducin'). Every year I tell myself that I'm going to add some tulips but right now it's all Daffodils :)


2. What I'm doing for Spring Break: (sigh)...my lovely daughter is so behind in school right now. her teacher has assigned her a bunch of stuff to get done. I support her teacher, i know it's the right move but that means I'm spending my spring break trying to get my teenager to do her schoolwork, so it's just like EVERY OTHER WEEK!! Today she started a model of a volcano (g00d ole' paper mache') and a pie chart of volcanos of the world. hopefully she can finish the model and pie chart tomorrow and then do a BUNCH of corrections on past assignments and then move forward......

3. Favorite Spring flower: Lilac's...I wait all year for these beauties....they are budding up and should be bloomin' soon!


4. Do you have a garden? ABSOLUTELY

5. If so, what do you grow? I've always had my flower beds. I love my flowers. My first garden was teenie, tiny. I had to dig up river rock and then replace it with soil just to put in a few pansys and phlox. Now, my yard's bigger and there is no river rock so I have lots of flowers, particularly bulbs. this year, however, I am doing a new thing. I'm having a vegetable garden. I have grown veggies in the past, don't get me wrong, but this year I have actually built several raised beds and I'm starting my veggies as seeds, they're all lined up in little greenhouse boxes on my bookshelf under my window. It's so much fun to watch them grow. I planted some zuccinni and darned if that zucchinni didn't sprout in 3 days! Cool!!


6. Do you do Spring cleaning? some years more than others. This year it was a start, stop, type of a thing. I'm probably going to be doing spring cleaning in june. My goal is to finally clean out my attic!

7. What is your weather *really* like right now? {Just b/c it's "officially" spring, doesn't mean that it feels like it for some of you} Well, being in Oregon and all it's supposed to be gray and raining but it's blue skies, about 65 degrees (nice 'n warm!) and it's beautiful. We'll probably get rian showers at some point but really this is perfect spring weather!

8. Snapped any weather related photos lately? Share one with us!


9. What's your favorite thing to do on a sunny afternoon? Sit on my back patio in a chair and read with a cup of protein shake. If it's chilly I take a lap blanket. I do this as soon as it seems remotely nice outside.
10. Favorite TV show right now? Hmmm... since it has to be 'right now' it can't be 'Psyche'. So, it is Probably 'the big bang theory' followed by 'Castle'.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE PSYCH!!!! You guys got me and Logan hooked on it when you sent us season 2 for Christmas...

    So many beautiful flowers! I remember your first flower garden. The thing I remember was that you planted Corinna Lillies, and, being very young, I thought you just called them that after your friend Corinna. Silly me. But it's impressive how much your "green thumb" has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures you took of your garden,, they look professional!! I gotta get going on my garden soon, I am feeling the bug but am waiting till May to make sure the freeze is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love spring..and my daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *heart* Psych, too! Your daffodils are beautiful.

    You just wait, you're going to have zucchini growing out your ears! :)

    ReplyDelete

Like what I said? leave a message
dislike what I said? please don't leave a message
indifferent to what I said? It's up to you
Have a different opinion? Share it!