Thursday, March 3, 2011

We Believe!

Every year for the past 3 years I've had an Article of Faith Carnival for my Activity Day Girls.  It was started as a way to encourage the girls to learn their articles of faith and it succeeded.  This year it was more successful than previous years.  I have some of the photos to share, others I will share as I get a hold of them (they were on a different camera).

The foundation of our carnival is games that encourage the girls to repeat the articles of faith as many times as they need to until they are comfortable with them and also to be rewarded and praised for any efforts. 

The games that we played were:
balloon game
name that tune
fishing game
matching game
twister
life walk
wheel of faith

As they play games they received stamps on lanyards for every Article of Faith that was accurately (100%) recited.  6 of the girls recited all 13 correctly.  33 Articles of F were passed off!!!  FYI: That's a lot!

WE finished our carnival by eating pizza and yummy 'Bee' themed cupcakes and each of the girls received a certificate with the articles of faith that they passed off, goodie bags with chocolate 'trophies' in them (Yummy!) and I also made some decorative plaques that have the definition of the word believe.  All in all I think this was a very successful activity.  I had so much fun.




I could not have done any of this if I hadn't had a lot of help.

I work with 3 wonderful women and one wonderful councilor who showed up and planned and supported me the whole way.  Teamwork makes it all work.  I am so proud to be able to work with these amazing women.

Also:  the girls!  They come with such positive attitudes and such bubbly enthusiasm to do whatever has been asked.

I am so lucky!

1 comment:

  1. way fun!! I love how creative you are! Its so great what you have done with the activity girls program! By the way I LOVE that green shirt on you!!

    ReplyDelete

Like what I said? leave a message
dislike what I said? please don't leave a message
indifferent to what I said? It's up to you
Have a different opinion? Share it!