Saturday, October 17, 2009

transitions

I was walking on the college track today wondering at our funky Oregon weather. This morning when I needed to drive a long distance to another town it was pouring down rain, with lightning and thunder....but, several hours later on the track it was gorgeous, mild temperatures blue sky, no wind. I celebrate that unpredictability. i think it's beautiful!!

I love this time of year. I love how the weather is so unpredictable. I love the leaves changing on the trees and the evergreens that stay stately and green. I love having a fire to warm our house (even as I hate maintaining said fire!:( )I love planting my bulbs (I moved about 200-300 daffodils last weekend, along with assundry day lily's) and planning my spring planting. I love getting up early in the morning and having it cold enough to wear gloves and a hat. I love the brisk cool air filling my lungs and waking me up early in the morning.

1 comment:

Like what I said? leave a message
dislike what I said? please don't leave a message
indifferent to what I said? It's up to you
Have a different opinion? Share it!